Swire is a highly diversified global group. Many of our core businesses can be found within the Asia Pacific region, where traditionally Swire’s operations have centred on the HKSAR and the Chinese mainland. Within Asia, Swire’s activities come under the group’s publicly quoted arm, Swire Pacific Limited. Elsewhere in the world, many businesses are held directly by parent company, John Swire & Sons Limited, in Australia, Papua New Guinea, East Africa, Sri Lanka, the USA and UK.
- Established in 1816 and headquartered in London.
- Responsible for formulating and directing overall group strategy. Provides a range of services within the group, including recruitment, employment and training of staff.
- Holds a 55% shareholding in Swire Pacific in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong SAR”).
- Holds controlling stakes in a range of businesses trading in the UK, North America, Australia, Papua New Guinea, East and West Africa, and across Southeast Asia.
- Listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Ltd.
- Holding company for the Swire group’s principal businesses in the Hong Kong SAR, the Chinese mainland, Taiwan region, Singapore and elsewhere.
- Major shareholder in Hong Kong listed companies Swire Properties (82%) and Cathay Pacific Airways (45%).
- Has wholly owned businesses in the areas of Aviation, Beverages, Marine Services and Trading & Industrial.